July 31, 2014

What a Hoot!




Today I am featuring August's SOTM, which is What A Hoot because tomorrow is August 1st!


I just couldn't resist bundling this little guy up in some Snowhaven paper and Slate Diagonal Striped Ribbon for a scarf to wish you "happy owlidays".  I did some very careful cutting of the stamp set and then penned in the "idays" with our journaling pen.  I have a feeling he will be celebrating many occasions throughout the year.


 Now here might be a more traditional owl friend, out with the moon.  For this card I used the fabulous new Shin Han markers to color the owl and create highlights on the moon.  I stamped with the Archival Black Ink, and then used the new markers color body and wings in brown.  I then used the Shin Han "blending" pen to remove some color.  Removing the color from the wings allowed the cross hatch pattern to show.  I was surprised how well it worked!  The  Chalk It Up paper packet (brand new too) creates a starry night for this guy, highlighted with some new black epoxy stars.  (We have white ones too and you can color them with are markers to match any paper you like!)


More new product coming soon.  Contact me to see how you can receive your new Annual Inspirations Idea book 
 Michele

1 comment:

  1. Your penmanship is great! You fooled me! I had to go back and look at the stamp set and then re-read your blog post again! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete